Your Neighborhood Council: A Voice for Palms
The Palms Neighborhood Council (Palms NC) was certified as part of the City of Los Angeles on December 14, 2004 with the following mission:
- Represent and advocate on behalf of the 44,000 residents of Palms
- Improve the quality of life of the community
- Give our neighborhood a voice on issues affecting the community
- Improve the delivery of City services to our area
- Make City officials and Departments more accountable to community needs
The Palms NC is made up of 13 community-elected board seats, which include 5 executive seats, 5 residential representative seats, 2 business representative seats, and 1 youth representative seat. The Council is organized into committees to provide adequate consideration, expertise, and deliberation to community issues. The Council and its committees meet regularly every month, with all meetings being open to the public. All members of the Council are non-paid volunteers.
Residents and stakeholders of Palms may be appointed to committees by the President and ratification of the Council. Stakeholders include not only those who live, work or own property in the district, but also those who can claim affiliation on behalf of a Palms organization.